Hope you did not miss it.
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) in association with Rotary Mysore Mid Town is organizing the 5th edition of “Y. Bhagavan Memorial National Level English Debate Competition” on Friday, February 3, 2017 and Saturday, February 4, 2017 at SDMIMD, Mysore. Over the years the event has become a platform for the best minds from leading educational Institutes actively debate over a contemporary topic.
This event is an opportunity to set free the debater in a student. It is a platform to challenge the awareness, acumen and logic of the students representing the top Institutions in Karnataka and various other states from 5 streams of education - Management, Medical, Engineering, Law & Humanities.
Rules and Regulations:
1) The debate competition would be conducted for 2 days.
2) Each college can nominate 2 teams consisting of 2 members in each team
3) One of the team members should speak for the topic & another against the topic. The presentation of motion to be informed during registration.
4) Participants will be called randomly to present their views for 4+1 minutes during Round 1
5) A warning bell would be given at the end of the 4th minute indicating that the student has 1minutes to conclude his argument. A long bell will be given at the end of the 5th minute where in the participant must complete his argument. Failing which he would attract negative marks.
6) The participants for the final round will be decided by panellists at the end of the first day or Round 1.
7) Topic for the final round will be announced to the shortlisted participants at 6:00 PM on day 1.
8) The shortlisted participants will be presenting the motion as informed by the Judges with the announcement of topic to the respective finalists.
9) On Day 2, the participant would be called randomly and would be given 5+2 minutes to present their argument.
10) A warning bell would be given at the end of the 5th minute indicating that the student has 2 minutes to conclude his argument. A long bell will be given at the end of the 7th minute where in the participant must complete his argument. Failing which he would attract negative marks.
11) At any stage, the decision of the organizers and the judges will be final.
1) Rs. 250/- per day, per participant will be charged for those participants who wish to avail the accommodation facility.
2) Accommodation facility is available only for outstation participants.
3) Breakfast and Lunch for the participants is arranged by the organizers at the event venue.
How to reach SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development
Site No. 1, Chamundi Hill Road, Siddarthanagar Post, JC Nagar, (Near JC Nagar Bus Stop), MYSORE - 570 011.
Tel. No. +91-821-2429722, 2429161, 2420490.
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.