Hope you did not miss it.
Indian Institute of Technology, (Banaras Hindu University) is one of the oldest and most prestigious engineering institutions in the country, which has a tradition of nurturing and channeling some of the brightest young minds.
Varanasi, or Benaras, is one of the oldest living cities in the world. The rays of the dawn shimmering across the Ganges, the high-banks, the temples and shrines along the banks bathed in a golden hue soul stirring hymns and mantras along with the fragrance of incense filling the air and the refreshing dip in the holy waters gently splashing at the Ghats.
The institute organizes an annual techno-management festival – Technex, a three day extravaganza bringing together students from all over the nation to innovate and compete in various avenues of technology.
A celebration of innovation, Technex holds a plethora of events hailing from different areas of technology and management. Broadly, the event verticals events are:
• Robonex – Next gen robotics
• Ascension- Aero-modelling events
• Supernova- Astronomy based events
• Byte the Bits- Programming competitions
• Extreme Engineering- Core engineering events
• Riqueza – Management-related events
• Creatrix – Digital arts and creativity
• Modex – Showcase innovative ideas
• Pahal – Socio-environmental events
• Game Dungeon – LAN gaming and informal events
These categories together comprise more than 30 events. The fest upholds lucrative prizes worth INR 2,00,000 at stake for more than 20k participants to compete for.
Startup Fair - Technex hosts The Startup Fair which is an excellent opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs to turn their dreams to reality. Here, these unsung heroes of the economy interact with prospective investors, pitching their ideas to them and gaining knowledge from people who have seen the in and out of the entrepreneurial sector over many years.
Exhibitions - Every year, many companies an exhibitors exhibit their advanced products hailing from various domains of science and technology in Technex. These are a great source of knowledge for the participants as they get to know about new things being devised to make human life easier.
The exciting exhibitions which will glitz up Technex'17 have been launched:
1. NAO BOT – A ‘little’ wonder of technology, a prodigy indeed.
2. INDUSTRIAL ROBOT – A robot which can actually build more of its kind.
3. BIO-BOT PUPPY- Robotic puppy which is as mobile and entertaining as real.
4. CUBE-SOLVER BOT - Because the Rubik’s Cube is not just a human’s toy.
5. 3-D PRINTER – Make your thoughts tangible in minutes with this mind blowing technology.
6. BRAIN CONTROLLED DRONE – Control a copter by just thinking about it.
7. INDRO ROBOT– The home made, yet full-fledged humanoid
8. BOWLING BOT: This robot almost always goes for a strike.
9. VR Golf– Enjoy the real fun of golf while still in your living room.
10. GREEN BUILDING – Incredible building techniques to ensure a more sustainable future.
11. ROBOTIC HAND – Amusing gestures with artificial intelligence.
12. VR SIMULATOR – An expedition into the unknown, courtesy realistic virtuality.
13. ROCKET LAUNCH – The launch of a 600N thrust rocket reaching the altitude of 1 km.
14. MITRA - A full fledged on-board computer that can replace your PC.
Prof. Veerbhadra Mishra Memorial Airshow – A high pace, explosive show where RC planes and copters take the central stage to bring a collaboration of power and elegance. An exhibition of real power of engineering – unleashed. We bring to you the experience of ballet and battles with rolling, twisting, stalling planes ruling over the skies. So, get ready to witness some mind blowing creations of aero modelling roaring as they speed through the sky.
Corporate Conclave – An innovative event that aims at creating a platform for the students to interact with the greatest corporate giant of our times, so as to provide them with some first-hand knowledge to gear up to face the business world.
Workshops – Herbert Spencer said “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action”. This also holds true for technology. There is no real use of technology if you don’t implement it. This is what workshops in Technex promote, giving you a hands-on experience of numerous skills and trends in the market of technology, ranging all the way from core engineering to software works.
Technex has always been known for its stellar guest lecture series - 'Think Talks' - which have been becoming increasingly attractive over the years. Every year, this segment witnesses personalities hailing from varied domains coming together to share their knowledge and experience with students from around the nation. Some notable personalities who have delivered talks in previous editions are Bjarne Stroustrup, Prabhu Chawla, Vinita Bali, Rosaly Lopes, Gianni Di Caro, Santosh Desai, to name a few.
The line up of the Think Talks at Technex'17 is:
a ) Dilip Chhabria, Founder of DC Design
b ) Vinod Dham, Father of the Pentium Chip
c ) JN Reddy, Creator of the finite element method
d ) Sam Pitroda, Founder Commissioner of United Nations Broadband Commission for Digital Development
e ) Balaji Viswanathan, Most followed author on Quora
A fest is incomplete without entertainment and fun, isn’t it? So, after a tiring day of hard work and competition, Technex organizes Kaleidoscope, an evening of various musicians, comedians and things that are amusing and entertaining for the crowd. So, get ready for a lot of enjoyment which is in store for you, apart from all the ‘nerdy’ stuff. The Viral Fever, Kanan Gill, VH1 Supersonic have been some attractions in previous editions of Technex. This year, the cast of TVF Originals' 'Humorously Yours' and Sorabh Pant shall be here to make you roll on the floor laughing.
• Accommodation will be provided from 23rd of February, 4 p.m., for four days.
• You’re required to report at the hospitality desk at Limbdi Hostel as soon as you arrive at the campus.
• All student participants must carry their valid College photo ID card. Others must bring their valid photo identity for the purpose of entry. People without valid photo identity card will not be allowed inside the campus during Technex 2017.
• The fee for registration is INR 1300 + 200 (Security deposit) .The security deposit will be returned to you when you will be leaving the campus. Those who do not wish to opt for accommodation in the IIT(BHU) campus need to pay INR 800 + 200 (Security Deposit) only.
• Please bring 2 passport sized photographs.
• Facilities provided:
1. Passes to all exhibitions
2. Passes to all think talks
3. Passes to all pronites
4. Hospitality kit
• Security of laptops and other belongings will be the responsibility of participants only. Technex will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the belongings of the participants.
• Participants are to bring along all the material required for the respective events.
• Kindly note that the accommodation is strictly on a shared basis and any requests for individual rooms or any complaints in this regard shall not be entertained.
• Random checks would be made to avoid any illegal stay at the campus. Any team failing to produce their receipts of accommodation would be heavily fined and disqualified.
• Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, any intoxicants, sharp objects and explosives of any kind are strictly prohibited inside the campus. Any other item if deemed unsafe will be prohibited. The decision of Technex team will be final in case of any disputes.
• There are SBI and Bank of Baroda ATMs inside the campus. There’s also an AXIS bank ATM just outside the campus, near Hyderabad Gate.
Rohit Negi - +919459494009 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rahul Yadav - +919956443498 - email@example.com
How to reach IIT BHU, Varanasi
From Airport to IIT(BHU):
BHU Campus is about 35 kms. from Varanasi (Babatpur) Airport. The taxi charges from Airport to BHU Campus are about INR 600/-.
From Varanasi Cantt. (Junction) Railway Station to IIT(BHU):
BHU Campus is about 10 kms. from Varanasi Cantt. railway Station. Round the clock Auto/ Taxi services are available from Varanasi Cantt. Railway Station to BHU (Lanka). The tentative charges are: for reserve auto Rs. 120-150/-, shared auto Rs. 15/- and for Taxi Rs. 300/- to 350/-.
From Mughalsarai Railway Station to IIT(BHU):
BHU Campus is about 20 kms. from Mughalsarai Railway Station. Round the clock Auto/ Taxi services are available from Mughalsarai Railway Station to BHU(Lanka). The tentative charges are: for reserve auto Rs. 200/-, shared auto Rs. 35/- and for Taxi Rs. 300/- to 350/-.
Event Sponsors in Varanasi
Title sponsor - Larsen and Toubro
Associate sponsor - Samsung India
Byte the Bits title sponsor - Citrix
Supported by - The United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development
Social Partner - International Youth Council, India
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.