Hope you did not miss it.
Create your own bot and let it follow a black line on a white surface. Seems simple enough? Then think again, because only the very best can survive the complex tracks filled with crazy twists and turns.
• The objective of this contest is to complete the track in the shortest period of time while accurately tracing the line from Start to Finish.
• All participants must bring their own Robots.
• Robot will have to pass an inspection prior to the competition.
• Time will be counted from starting point to finish point. A robot is deemed to have crossed the line when the forward most wheel, track, or leg of the robot contacts or crosses over the line.
• Robot can be powered up by using an on-board rechargeable battery or external DC power supply. Power supply should not exceed 12V in any case.
• Skip Rule: A maximum of 3 skips are allowed, in which a participant can pick up the bot from where it loses the line and can keep it on the line where it was lost, or at any earlier (e.g. already traversed) point.
• Manual touch other than used for skip is not allowed if robot is touched manually it will be counted as a skip.
• Robots have to stay on the ground. Thus they may not fly or jump.
• Robots must not damage the tournament area/arena.
• Energy sources like springs, compressed-air etc. are not permitted.
• Combustion engines are not allowed because of noise and exhaust gas. All kinds of weapons (saws, lasers, electroshocks, hammer) are strictly forbidden.
• Claims because of changing lighting conditions in the room or flash lights of photographers won't be accepted. Participants have to face these "disturbances". However the arena will be indoors (No Sunlight).
• Equipment which harms or disturbs another robot (e.g. jammer, light flash, interfering ultrasonic or infrared transmitter) are forbidden. Disturbances or assistance caused by intervention of humans during a competition are forbidden, as well.
• Decision of the judge would be final in all cases.
• There will maximum of 5 rounds.
• Tracks differ from round to round and difficulty of track increases compared with previous round.
• The bot which completes the track in less time is considered as the winner of the round.
• Skip Penalty: 10 Second penalty for Each Skip.
• Robot has to operate autonomously and should not be remote-controlled. All systems (like sensors, power supply, data-processing and control-systems) have to completely reside on the robot.
• Robot should fit in a box of dimensions 30cmx30cmx30cm.
• The autonomous bot should not separate or split into two or more units. All bots/units which are touching each other or are in the starting point will be considered as one bot.
• Machine cannot be constructed using readymade Lego kits or any readymade mechanism. But they can make use of readymade gear assemblies. Violating this clause will lead to disqualification of the team
• The line following course consists of a white color background with a line of black color (1.5-inch width).
• There shall be a starting area at the beginning of the course and an exit area at the end. The line course starts inside the starting area and ends inside the exit area.
• The line course may have 1 or more sharp right-angle and also may contain loops.
• The track may have +/- 5 degrees of inclination.
How to reach Shiv Nadar University, Gautam Budh Nagar
Shiv Nadar University
NH - 91, Tehsil Dadri
Gautam Buddha Nagar
Uttar Pradesh - 201314
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.