Hope you did not miss it.
About the Workshop:
Global competition, mass customization, accelerated product obsolescence and continued demands for cost savings are forcing companies to look for new ways to improve their business processes. Rapid Manufacturing is one of the new ways of operation which improves the business processes by compressing the product development time. Rapid Manufacturing technology has changed the phase of design and manufacturing processes in various sectors involving aerospace, defense, automobile, medical fields and consumer products. Because of the wide applications of rapid manufacturing technologies, it has become a most powerful and the best tool for a the industrial revolution in product development domain. This workshop will discuss the evolution of Rapid Manufacturing technologies like additive and subtractive manufacturing processes which have improved the product development activities. The workshop will focus towards research projects and research avenues in the context of rapid manufacturing.
Objectives of this workshop are to
1. Introduce the participants, the various Rapid Manufacturing Technologies that are available, focusing towards its importance in industrial applications.
2. Impart knowledge on the selection of the most appropriate Rapid Manufacturing Technology available for selected applications.
3. Present the recent developments in additive and subtractive manufacturing technologies.
1. Technology overview of additive and subtractive manufacturing.
2. Model generation methods and CAD data processing techniques.
3. Additive manufacturing processes, systems, and materials.
4. Additive manufacturing of precision components in plastics, metals, bio-materials and quality control issues.
5. Aerospace, defense and automobile applications of additive manufacturing technologies.
6. Recent advances and scope for research in rapid manufacturing technology.
1. Hands-on training in the prototyping of products using 3D Printing Machine and Subtractive Rapid Prototyping Machine.
2. Demonstration of Rapid Free Forming(RFF) of sheet metals.
3. Visit to PSG TIFAC Core (Product Development Centre).
How to reach PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
PSGTECH campus is located at Peelamedu, Coimbatore. The campus is about 6 km from Coimbatore Railway Junction, 1.2 km from Peelamedu Railway Crossing, 5.4 km from Coimbatore International Air Port, and 4.3 km from Gandhipuram Bus Stand.
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.