Hope you did not miss it.
SoCon’15 offers a platform to all artisans, craftsmen, economists, engineers and other enthusiasts to contribute to projects that focus on grass root level development. It is a scaffold for all such enthusiasts to not only be part of, but also the drivers of the change they wish to witness.
1.The NGO Summit: We at SoCon sincerely believe that bringing together a group of likeminded organizations and harnessing their vast experience through constructive discussions can provide a huge boost in our struggles against social stigmas and other issues that plague our society. This very thought lies at the heart of our NGO Summit which aims to provide such a platform where they can interact and through a combination of various perspectives, move towards a better tomorrow.
2. Reformer’s Expo: Rural innovation, very often, does not get the recognition and support it deserves. The Reformer’s Expo provides an opportunity to showcase these clever innovations so as to enable us to fully benefit from and utilize them to their full potential. The participants will be required to submit their ideas online (form available on website) for review by an expert panel consisting of experienced pioneers from different fields. The shortlisted participants will be invited to VIT University to take part in the next round of competition.
3. My Idea: Every idea; big or small, extravagant or resourceful; has the potential to have a positive impact on a millions of lives and deserves to be heard. My Idea is such a stage where ideas can be proposed (without prototypes) and the most feasible ideas will be selected for further research and development.
The topics are: Healthcare and Hygiene • Waste Management • Sustainable Energy Development • Agriculture and Agronomics • Rural Education • Environmental Considerations
4. The Real Indian: While innovation requires unquestionable intellect, putting theory into practice requires its own skill set; one that is time and time again neglected. The Real Indian is a tale of such people who that can best be described as “geniuses of effort” and attempts to throw light on some of the concealed brilliant minds of India. We will be inviting four guest speakers to showcase the initiatives to students thereby motivating and inspiring them to take up the mantle of change.
1. The Real Indian
2. Reformers Expo
3. My Idea
5.The NGO Summit
1. Mr Suresh Krishna, Managing Director, Grameen Financials
2. Mr Azhagsan Rangasamy, Director Centre Water Commission, TM Govt.
3. Mr Somil Daga, National Executive Board Member, Uddeshaya
4. Mr Subbaraju Perichelar, Program Leader, Startup Leadership
Cultural Evening on September 5,2015
Accommodation for Participants will be provided with food on payment and prior notice. For details mail to : email@example.com
How to reach Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
129 kms from Chennai International Airport by Car.
2.7 kms from Katpadi Railway Junction.
6.3 kms from Vellore Bus Stand
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.