MAAERs MIT , Pune organizes a National Level Inter-Engineering Sports Meet, “MIT Summit” which will be held for the 9th time this year. Our meet consists of 15 disciplines which are Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Baseball, Badminton, Table tennis, Chess, Carrom, Squash, Water polo, Swimming & Rowing and Boxing. Over 3800 sportspersons from 80 colleges participated in Summit with outstation teams coming from major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Vishakhapatnam, Kurukshetra, etc and major colleges like Gitam University, Dhirubhai Ambani College of Engineering, Satyabhama University, NIT Kurukshetra and various other engineering colleges from Maharashtra.
Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Baseball, Badminton, Table tennis, Chess, Carrom, Squash, Water polo, Swimming & Rowing and Boxing
Last year SUMMIT'13 was inaugurated by; Hon'ble Cheteshwar Pujara, cricket player, Indian Cricket Team. The other notable personalities who have graced our event are Mr. Kiran More, Arjuna Awardee, Mr. Vijender Singh, 1st bronze Olympic medal for an Indian boxer, Mrs. M.C Mary Kom, Khel Ratna Awardee, Mr. Dilip Vengsarkar, Arjuna Awardee, Hon'ble Shri Yogeshwar Dutt, Bronze Olympic Medalist, Mr. Chandu Borde, Padma Bhushan Awardee. This year's Chief Guest is yet to be decided.
How Far Can You Go?
All the teams participating in SUMMIT ’14 coming from outside Pune city will be given accommodation (including food and transport) by MIT under the following conditions.
At the time of registration:
1. You will have to send a separate DD of Rs. 5000 /- as a deposit in favor of “Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune” as a confirmation of your accommodation. This amount will be returned to you when you are leaving Pune.
2. In case of misbehavior of any kind, MIT reserves the right to take any punitive action, even to the extent of confiscating the security deposit and registration fees, cancelling the participation of the concerned college, escorting them off the campus and sending a report of the misconduct to the head of the concerned institution.
3. Extra accommodation and boarding facilities will be charged as applicable.
On your arrival in Pune.
1. Report at the MIT, Kothrud Campus help desk where you will be informed about your accommodation details.
2. Incase the D.D. has not been given due to any circumstance, you can deposit Rs. 5,000/- in cash, at the help desk, as the security deposit which will be refunded while leaving Pune.
3. MIT will provide you with mattresses and quilts. You need not bring it along.
4. If you have not registered beforehand then MIT will be helpless in finding you accommodation.
5. Per head expenditure of accommodation, food & transport will be Rs. 1,500/- for five days i.e. 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of September .The teams coming on 10th September should report at MIT Gymkhana before 2 p.m and should be present on the ground at 3:30 p.m. for the Inaugural Ceremony.
6. Lodging will be provided on 10th September free of cost (excluding boarding facility).
7. Apart from this you can make arrangements for your own accommodation as per your convenience.
Accommodation In charge:
Shubham Mahajan: 08698968537
Sarabjit Pal: 09503980739
How to reach Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT)
S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud,
Phone: +91-20-3027 3400, +91-20-3027 3459
Fax: 91 020 25442770
Event Sponsors in Pune
Nivia Sports, Redbull, Monster Energy Drink, Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Federal Bank,
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.