Upcoming Programming Competitions in College Fests, Events in August 2018.
College Fest Name
12 Upcoming College Fests
Python Programming Practice Workshop 2018 26 Aug 2018
Engineering Forum Chennai
Our Initiative for #KeralaFloodRelief ... All Fees will be transferred to #KeralaFloodReliefFund
Exclusive Event for Students pursuing Engineering / Degree
Python is Easy to Learn, Open Source &
Trending Programming Language.
Workshop Content Highlights :
Intro & Install
Get started with software installation and language overview.
Basic Syntax and example programs will give basic idea.
Data & Flow Control
Control flow statements with example programs in Python.
Functions & Regex
Explore inbuilt functions in Python versions.
Library & OOPs
Huge set of libraries will help you solve complex examples.
Exceptions & More
Learn to handle exceptions in your example programs.
Glimpses from Previous Python Session :
Why attend events by EnggForum ?
EnggForum : Engineering Forum is platform for students to explore and learn at their pace. Quality training is our prime focus, which would help our next gen engineers improve their skills. Students are not strangers they are our backbone. Join Hands, Lets create a vibrant community of path breakers. Lets Learn : Share : Grow !
JOIN WORKSHOP :
No Boring Lectures ! Only Practical Sessions.
A Boot camp in Industrial Automation from wire to PLC 2018 29 Aug 2018
PA College of Engineering and Technology Pollachi
• Introduction to Automation
• Fundamentals of PLC
• Programming Languages
• Programming on SIEMENS SIMATIC STEP 7 BASIC V-14 Software
• Programming on basic Logics, Interlocks and Timers/Counters
• Hands-on-Training on SIEMENS
SL-1200 PLC Trainer Kit
• PLC Wiring
• Applications of PLC
CodeFest 2018 31 Aug 2018
IIT BHU Varanasi
A challenge to blend your creativity and Programming skills to develop a robust mobile app.
Capture The Flag
A platform for the aspiring and existing hackers to get acquainted with the real world computer security practices.
Cryptographic challenges for those having a knack for solving puzzles and cracking codes.
Solve real-life problems by letting your machine learn patterns in the data for you.
Make machines understand how we perceive and hone your skills in Computer Vision.
Compete with some of the best competitive programmers of the world as you dive deep in the world of data structures and algorithms.
Push your limits and gear up your brain by solving some challenging mathematical problems.
Test your understanding of natural language processing by assessing how well your computer understands it.
Put on your development hats and make things which will impact the society.
Adapt to challenging situations by trying your hands at constrained Programming.
National Level Workshop on Open Source Technologies 2018 31 Aug 2018
Kongu Engineering College Erode
Introduction to Open Source Technologies
• Software Installation
• Configuration of BASH shell
• Shell Programming
• Managing Services
• FTP Server Configuration
• Web Server Configuration
• MySQL Server Configuration
• Securing Web pages using SSL
One Day National Workshop on Internet of Things IoT 2018 03 Sep 2018
Kongu Engineering College Erode
• Understanding IoT& its business
• Arduino Platform
• Reading from Sensors
• Sensor and Embedding Systems
• Simple LED Programming & Interface of Sensors.
• Reading Environment Values on Android Smartphone.
Workshop on Python Programming Python 2018 16 Sep 2018
Top Engineers Chennai
Workshop on Python Programming
Hands on Workshop on Real Time Project Design using ARDUINO: Tools and Techniques 2018 20 Sep 2018
Kongu Engineering College Erode
Topics to be Handled:-
• Essential attributes on Embedded Systems
• Exploring ARDUINO for Embedded Systems
• Developing, testing and debugging using ARDUINO IDE v1.6.5
Role of Integrated Development Environment in Simulation and Embedded C Programming
• Embedded Programming Tool paradigm for Project design using ARDUINO
Arduino Simulation design suite v1.0.1 for Simulating/emulating the project to be developed
• Serial Interface to ARDUINO
• Interacting with the Outside World Using Simple I/O devices
LEDs & Buzzer Interfacing
Switch (DIP) Interfacing
Buzzer/Piezoelectric Speaker Interface
Seven Segment Display Interfacing
Stepper Motor/DC motor Interfacing
• Working with GSM module in ARDUINO
• Project development using ARDUINO Board
iFest 18 05 Oct 2018
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology DAIICT Gandhinagar
We have around 23 events from two domains i.e. technical and non-technical.
Each year we invite notable artists and speakers for the inaugural night which is attended by 2000+ people. A few artists and speakers who were invited in the past include Kunal Newar(Illusionist) , Abhiram Cuduvalli(Manager/Architect CISCO) and others.
1. i.Relay: Here’s where the Programming enthusiasts get to showcase their skills. They have to do it in teams of 3 where only 1 person codes at a time. Join the coding revolution.
2. i.App: Think your app is a game changer? This is where you can send in any kind of app - web, mobile, tablet, desktop - and make the best out of this opportunity.
3. i.Web: An event for Web Developers. A theme will be given to all participants two days prior to the event and they will have to build the website according to the theme and presentations will be conducted during the event.
4. i.Bot: Robotics has come a long way and i.Bot provides you a wonderful opportunity to build an autonomous bot to fulfil a problem statement and dive into the world of robotics.
5. i.Database: From Facebook to Zomato to your mobile phones, databases are everywhere! This is where modelling real-life scenarios and re-envisioning database designs come into play and players design their way through the given scenarios.
6. IoT Auction: [NEW] Students will engage themselves in a real-life auction where they will bid on a plethora of equipment. The task would be to build something from the same.
7. i.Biz: i.Biz provides a platform to young minds with business acumen to come up with plans to make it big. And you could also pitch in your start-up ideas and get investors!
8. Blind C: Confident enough about your coding skills to be able to write them down
blindfolded? (Well, not literally. But you’ll be screen blind!) Show us how you’ll do it.
9. i.Quiz: The hunger for quizzes is truly satisfied by i.Quiz, a tech-based quiz featuring mind-boggling questions for all the quizzing enthusiasts.
10. i.Ganith: For math geeks who love walking through numbers, this is an event where
mathematical skills stand out. Come show us your mathematical instinct.
11. i.Crypt: Love abstracting, coding and decoding? This is the event where participants will get to decrypt and encrypt messages and codes.
12. Roboclash: [NEW] Robots are transforming our lifestyles so gear yourself up for action-packed live robot fights. Engage with an enemy and plunge into the fights.
13. Hackathon: [NEW] The Women In Engineering (WIE) affinity group of IEEE SB DA-IICT is proud to present the annual Hackathon, Tic-Tech-Toe '18. In this Hackathon, all the participants will develop innovative mobile/web applications in a time- frame of just 36 hours! The designers, thinkers, programmers and developers will come together to create useful applications which might pioneer in the near future or are extended versions of the already ruling notions in the app market. Apps may be built on Android, iOS or Microsoft platform and hence not constraining the creativity of the participants. The best applications will be recognized and rewarded handsomely!
NON-TECHNICAL EVENTS :
1. Treasure Hunt: A secret treasure expedition will be conducted within the territory of
DA-IICT. Dare to unveil the forbidden treasures that lie within the shadows. A complete fun-filled event where the students hunt for various "treasures” around the campus.
2. i.Clash: Do you get an adrenaline rush while playing games? Then this event is what you've been waiting for! We bring to you the gaming experience of counter strike, Dota and NFS.
3. i.Cube: This is for cubing enthusiasts, those into solving the world’s favourite challenge, the Rubik’s cube. Show us how your fingers move mechanically when you get a cube.
4. i.Maze: Love solving crossword puzzles? Challenge your mind to the mysterious world of puzzles through i.Maze.
5. i.Capture: Are you an amateur photographer or a photography enthusiast? Do you understand the craft of taking pictures, documenting a story, conceptualizing an idea and capturing emotions? If so, then this is the competition for you.
6. i.Rubble: One man's trash is another man's treasure. Make simple yet stunning things from turning trash into seriously entertaining, well-designed toys, by just using basic principles of science.
7. i.Decipher: If visual cues and neuron twisting questions lead to a sudden surge of impulses in your cerebral cortex, then you are at the right place. Do your best to find the elusive link and fill in the tantalizing blanks.
8. i.Ride: We all know to ride a bicycle fast, but the real challenge lies in riding it slow.
9. i.Design: A theme-based digital designing competition where the participants will have to gather in a place with their laptops and required software and theme will be given to them on the spot. Put your creative minds on work and show us what you can design!
10. i.OHunt: Online Treasure Hunt! Answer of the current puzzle is the link(URL of Next Puzzle) to next puzzle.
Workshop on Android Controlled Pick and Place Robot using AVR Controller 2018 06 Oct 2018
Madras Institute of Technology Anna University Chennai
!. Introduction to AVR Controller and Embedded Programming 2.Interfacing of LED,key DC motor, servo motor, Stepper motor 3.Introduction to kinematic analysis of serial manipulators 4.Interfacing ADC serial communication,bluetooth/wifi module interfacing
5.Robo kit assembly and Programming for control through android mobile application
Mathuino 2018 13 Oct 2018
PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
ROUND 1: MATCODE
First round will be conducted in the form of one mark questions. 25 questions will be given and the questions will be in the form of multiple choice questions, identify the given icon, describe the given word in technical terms, etc,,,. The participants should complete the task within one hour from the time of issue of the questions. Depending upon the number of questions answered correctly by the participants, approximately the first 10 groups will be taken to the second round.
ROUND 2: CODE TO CONNECT
Code to connect is again involved in experimenting your Programming skills. 1 hour will be allotted and the participants are required to use the Matlab coding to interface the Arduino microcontroller using Simulink. With the help of code, the team must execute the given action and enable the functioning of the particular output display devices like glowing of LED, Running of motor, etc. The given action has to be completed within the specified time.
Robotics System Learning 2018 13 Oct 2018
PSG College of Technology Coimbatore
Take away kits (Ti- RSLK Basic- http://in.element14.com/element14/robot-basic-kit/basic-robotic-kiteducation-hobby/dp/2840450) will be provided.
subscribe to get Event updates - 70000+ subscribers
Knowafest.com is a tie-up and a consortium of all the college campus festivals in India.
Our aim is to connect students from campuses all over India by making them aware of Technical, Cultural, Management Fests, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars organized by each and every college in India.